review: pilot iroshizuku syo-ro - ink between the teeth

Mar 5, 2018

review: pilot iroshizuku syo-ro

Jumping back to Japan today with a review of another Pilot Iroshizuku ink. (Three more to go!)

If I say another word about Pilot Iroshizuku bottles, you might leave this blog forever. But to recap: 15ml bottles, usually comes in a trio. 50 ml bottles, comes in its own gorgeous self. You get the deal.

Syo-ro is a really interesting color that I don't see regularly! It's a teal color for sure, yet there's something really interesting about its mix of blue and green that I don't really see in other turquoises/teals.
For information on how I do my reviews, please visit my policy page.

Syo-ro doesn't have much water resistance. Most of it will fade readily when exposed to water.

It has a good dry time though. It was completely dry by the 15 second mark.

The ink has nice shading in the broad nib. It's much more plain in the fine nib.
 It's a gorgeous ink on Tomoe River paper. You get to see all the shading and red sheen.
I had some trouble finding some inks to compare Syo-ro to. Robert Oster Signature is somewhat similar, though it's less saturated. Diamine Eau de Nil is more blue. Colorverse Morning Star is more green.

I put this ink in my Nagasawa Kobe Proske with a music nib. No issues here! Great flow and it showed off the nuances of this ink wonderfully.

I have one of the smaller bottles of this ink, and while I do like the color, I don't think I would splurge on the larger bottle. It's nice, but it doesn't wow me. I'm definitely going to enjoy the rest of the bottle as I have it, though.

Where to buy

I purchased this ink with my own funds.

    This post was updated on 1/12/20 to match my current review methodology.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment