review: rohrer & klingner alt-bordeaux - ink between the teeth

Jun 4, 2018

review: rohrer & klingner alt-bordeaux

I talked about Diamine Tyrian Purple last week, so I might as well talk about a similar ink here!
Rohrer & Klingner is a German ink. It's packaged in 50ml glass bottles. I really like the labels on the front: I think they're quite pretty, and it also gives you a good idea of what color is in the bottle.

I've mentioned this before, but I really don't like the caps on these bottles. They're a fairly flimsy, thin metal, which means it's easy to warp them.

Alt-Bordeaux is a purple that leans more red, and is a tad dusty.
For information on how I do my reviews, please visit my policy page.

Alt-Bordeaux has no water resistance to speak of, and it takes a little while to dry. I would say it takes nearly a minute on Tomoe River paper.
Here's a picture of the ink in natural light. I find it a very pleasant ink to look at. You can probably tell here that it has very little shading. It also doesn't sheen.
Alt-Bordeaux is quite similar to Diamine Tyrian Purple, though it runs a bit redder. I think that if you're not paying attention, you can definitely get the two confused in use, but looking a bit closer will reveal them to you.

I had this ink in my Nemosine Singularity last, I believe. The two were a great combination, though I feel as if the Singularity could make any dud into a luscious writer.

I think Alt-Bordeaux is a lovely color. It's quite close to Diamine Tyrian Purple though, so if you have one you definitely don't need the other!

If you don't know, Massdrop is a community website that lets you participate in group buys. If you're someone who's interested in buying pens and inks a little cheaper than you would find retail, consider signing up. You can go to Massdrop and create an account, or click on my referral link which gives me some rewards if I sign up a number of people; I give you the choice as to which you prefer!

No comments:

Post a Comment