review: robert oster signature great southern ocean - ink between the teeth

Dec 2, 2019

review: robert oster signature great southern ocean

I hope everyone who celebrates had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm back reviewing a Robert Oster Signature ink.

I review a lot of Robert Oster Signature inks because there are so dang many! These inks are made in Australia and come in recycled plastic bottles. A white sticker on top of the cap has a swatch of the ink color as well as the name.

Robert Oster Signature Great Southern Ocean is a blue black color.
For information on how I do my reviews, please visit my policy page.

Great Southern Ocean has almost no water resistance. Just the smallest hint of ink is left behind on the page.

The ink was almost dry to the touch by the fifteen second mark. It was completely dry within thirty seconds.

It shades a little in both fine and broad nibs. There's a little bit of sheen on Kokuyo MIO paper.
There's even more sheen on Tomoe River paper! It's a pretty red rim. There's some nice shading here too.
I compare Robert Oster Signature Great Southern Ocean to a couple other blue blacks I have. I think the most similar is Bungubox 4B. Colorverse Extra Dimension and Diamine Twilight both have a tiny bit of green to it. Diamine Blue Black is a bit darker.

I had this ink in my Live in You Shiyou. I switched out the Nemosine nib for one from a TWSBI Vac. It's a lovely combo: the TWSBI nib is quite wet.

Where to buy

No comments:

Post a Comment