review: robert oster signature morning mist - ink between the teeth

Feb 24, 2020

review: robert oster signature morning mist

I've been enjoying trying out Robert Oster inks, so here's another one!

I've reviewed quite a few Robert Oster inks on this blog. I've enjoyed them because they're quite consistent in quality and the colors run a nice spectrum of unique and "workhorse" colors.

Robert Oster Signature Morning Mist is a blue green that leans more blue.
For information on how I do my reviews, please visit my policy page.

Morning Mist has very little water resistance, with most of the ink fading quite readily when in contact with water.

The ink does dry surprisingly quickly, becoming dry to the touch by the 15 second mark.

There's a little bit of shading on Kokuyo MIO paper, but not very much. I noticed that it didn't seem to flow quite as well in the finer nib.
On Tomoe River paper, you can see a nice amount of shading.
I compare Morning Mist to some other turquoises I have, and while it's not quite similar it's also not a color that's super unique. Colorverse Photon and Morning Star are both a little greener, but they're quite close. De Atramentis Pigeon Blue and Diamine Eau de Nil are both quite a bit more blue.

I had Morning Mist in my Lamy AL Star with a 1.1 mm nib. Not quite a perfect color match for the Blue Green, but close enough! It had good flow though was ever so slightly dry.

All in all not a bad Robert Oster ink! I like the color but I don't think it's that exciting, so it's not an ink I would purchase, but I'm glad I gave it a shot.

Where to buy

No comments:

Post a Comment