review: robert oster signature caffe crema - ink between the teeth

Mar 2, 2020

review: robert oster signature caffe crema

Let's take a look at this coffee-inspired ink!

Well, I've talked a lot about Robert Oster inks on this blog already. I love their enormous range of colors (though I am looking forward to when they stop making so many blues that are indistinguishable from another). They just released another eight or so inks and I'm looking forward to trying some of those new colors.

Robert Oster Signature Caffe Crema is a warm brown color, similar to that of a coffee with a splash of milk.
For information on how I do my reviews, please visit my policy page.

Caffe Crema has almost no water resistance. It fades very readily when exposed to water.

However, it did dry surprisingly quickly, becoming dry to the touch by the fifteen second mark.

There is almost no shading in either nib size on this Kokuyo MIO paper.
On Tomoe River paper, there is the slightest amount of silver sheen where the ink has pooled heavily. There isn't much shading here either, though.
I compare it here to some other inks I own. KWZ Ink Honey is similar though it's a bit deeper and more neutral. Noodler's Kiowa Pecan is more red. Takeda Jimuki Kyo Iro Moonlight of Higashiyama is much more red-orange.

I had this ink in my TWSBI Diamond 580 with a broad nib. I loved writing with this combination! I had no issues with it at all.

I never thought I would enjoy brown inks as much as I do, but Robert Oster Signature Caffe Crema has been a very enjoyable color. The flow is fantastic and it looks great on cream-colored paper. If I had room for it I would certainly purchase a bottle.

Where to buy

No comments:

Post a Comment