review: taccia tsuchi / golden wheat - ink between the teeth

May 11, 2020

review: taccia tsuchi / golden wheat


Let's take a look at another Taccia ink!

I previously covered Taccia in my review of Taccia Cha Brown. From what I understand they're made by Sailor for Taccia. I quite like some of their newer colors and I'm looking forward to testing those out.

Taccia Tsuchi, or Golden Wheat, is an orange-brown color.
For information on how I do my reviews, please visit my policy page.

This ink has a little bit of water resistance. I thought it was quite interesting that the ink "lifts" easily: dabbing at the wet ink with a paper towel will cause some of the ink to transfer. I don't think I've seen many inks do that, and it may be an interesting property for watercolor artists?

Tsuchi had pretty average dry times. It was still smudging at the fifteen second mark but was dry by thirty seconds. I would say it probably took about 20 or 25 seconds to dry completely.

It didn't have much shading in the fine nib but it did look a bit lighter. In the broad nib, there was a nice amount of shading and it looked a bit richer.
On Tomoe River paper there's some nice shading, though it's not super dramatic. I think this color would look amazing on cream-colored paper.
I don't have a town of orangey-browns in the same realm as Tsuchi, but I compare it here to some colors I do have. KWZ Ink Honey is pretty close though it's more yellow. Diamine Tobacco Sunburst is more green. Robert Oster Marrone Mustard is also more neutral.

I still have this ink in my Pelikan M205 Aquamarine. It doesn't match the pen's body at all but I've never thought of matching ink color to pen color as a priority! Regardless, Pelikan pens tend to be a bit better than others in my experience and my M205 is no exception. Taccia Tsuchi has great flow and I really enjoy writing with this ink!

Where to buy

I purchased this sample from Pen Chalet.

No comments:

Post a Comment