what's in my bag? - ink between the teeth

Feb 21, 2022

what's in my bag?

A flatlay of several items on a wooden background. The items are: a JetPens Kanso Noto notebook in a Midori goat leather cover; a Lihit Lab Smart Fit Actact Compact pen case with angled tweezers, glue tape, portable scissors, and fountain pen inside; a set of car keys; a Hobonichi Plain notebook inside a Hobonichi Techo Blink cover; a The Superior Labor x William Morris shoulder bag made of leather and blue and white floral fabric; and a small clip-on pouch shaped like a Yeastken character.

I always think it’s fun to take a look in other people’s bags, so now you can take a look in my bag! How exciting.

5. The Superior Labor x William Morris Small Shoulder Bag

I’ve been carrying the Superior Labor x William Morris Small Shoulder Bag1 for a few years now. It’s become my go-to daily bag and I never leave the house without it. It’s just big enough to fit an A5 notebook, an A6 planner, and a slim pen case. I think I would’ve liked it to be about half an inch deeper, but I’m otherwise very satisfied with it.

The red threads looped around one of the leather straps are good luck charms for the new year.

6. Yeastken Bus Pass Holder

This is a holder for tap cards, and I keep my office access card in here. It has a retractable carabiner so I can hook it to my belt loops while I’m in the office. I also attached a Velos binder clip so I can clip it to my waistband or pocket if I’m wearing sweats. It has a zipped pocket in the middle, but I just keep some Kokuyo Tack Memo N Quick Index sticky notes inside.

By the way, the design is one of the Yeastken mascots. It’s a bread dog. And it’s incredible.

2. Lihit Lab Smart Fit Actact Compact Pen Case

I have two pen cases, but I keep the Lihit Lab Smart Fit Actact Compact pen case in my bag because it’s slimmer. My other pen case is usually on my desk while I’m at work, and comes home with me over the weekend. Inside the Lihit Lab case I have:

1. JetPens Kanso Noto Notebook + Midori MD Goat Leather Cover

I usually have my journal on me. It’s a Kanso Noto notebook in a Midori MD goat leather cover. I’m not actually sure why I take my journal with me everywhere (it's been a long time since I went to my local café to journal and sip on a cinnamon-sprinkled latte) but if this is my one personal flaw then I’ll take it.

4. Hobonichi Plain Notebook + Hobonichi Techo Blink Cover 

I use the 2020 Hobonichi Techo Blink cover by Daisuke Soshiki as my planner cover. It’s also my wallet! I tuck all my cards inside the front pockets. I’m planning in an A6 Hobonichi Plain notebook (an updated planner post to come soon?). In the back inside pocket, I keep a folder of various planner stickers from Midori and Mind Wave.

I have a TRAVELER'S COMPANY brass ballpoint pen and a vintage Parker 51 in the pen loops. I don't use the TRC ballpoint pen that much actually (usually I'm within arm's length of my Uni Jetstream multi pen), but it's always nice to have a pen that can write on almost anything.

The milk tea keychain is from the same place as the rice cooker keychain on my pen case, but I can’t remember where I got it from now, unfortunately.

3. Car keys

I would love to be car-free, but San Jose is sprawl central. I got the bear keychain from Plain Stationery, but I’m not sure of the manufacturer. You would not believe how handy the Samsung Galaxy SmartTag is, even though I have to update the app every single time I'm looking for my keys.

  1. This particular design is no longer available, but I believe the Paint Small Shoulder Bag is pretty similar in size. ↩︎

2 comments:

  1. I love how cheerful everything in your bag looks and how you're able to get it all compactly in there. The A6 cover in particular is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere the content of the blog is surrounded by little arguments. Yes, it is healthy for readers. They can include this kind of language in their writing skill as well as during group discussions in college.Genuine leather wallet

    ReplyDelete