miscellaneous vi - ink between the teeth

Aug 21, 2023

miscellaneous vi

Hey remember when I said, like, years and years and definitely not a scant few months ago that I would stop buying stationery?

A collection of stationery from Furukawashiko which includees stickers, memo pads, and postcards

Well I lied. But it's not like any of you were going to hold me to a promise!

 

Furukawashiko launched a collection called Confectionery Animals Studio in July, and when I tell you that I was instantly obsessed, I think that might be an understatement. I immediately chucked a bunch of stickers, sticky notes, and memo pads into my cart, then browsed around the website and found some other letter sets and postcards, too.

 

 My friend was very kind and lent me her Tenso account (basically a mail forwarding service) to make an order; to be honest, I kind of thought that making a small-ish order and paying exorbitant shipping costs would steer me away from doing this kind of thing in the future.

 

Well terrible news! The yen has been pretty weak relative to the U.S. dollar lately. And I've discovered that, even when I'm paying shipping costs myself, the cost of everything ends up being about the same if not cheaper than if I managed to source everything from a U.S. retailer (already a high bar). Furukawashiko also has a special deal on days of the month that end in four that gets you 400 yen off an order, which helped even more. Kind of annoying, don't you think?

A memo pad with an illustration of Japanese custard pudding topped with whipped cream in the shapes of rabbits
Crying, screaming, etc.

 So blah blah blah, for sure I will definitely seriously absolutely 100% not buy any more stationery.

 

Probably.

A kissaten (retro-inspired cafe) themed letter set which includes envelopes and letter paper
And that's all of i—wait, what's that? Bah gawd! It's a letter set I couldn't fit into the group shot with a steel chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment