review: diamine rustic brown - ink between the teeth

Oct 7, 2019

review: diamine rustic brown

Let's take a gander at another Diamine ink.

I'm sure you've heard me talk about Diamine enough at this point, right? We can just hop right into it.

Diamine Rustic Brown is a dark reddish-brown.
For information on how I do my reviews, please visit my policy page.

It's been a while since I tested an ink that had such low water resistance. Rustic Brown immediately dissipated with water.

This ink also took quite a while to dry. It took more than thirty seconds to dry to the touch on Kokuyo MIO paper.

In both a fine and medium nib, there wasn't very much shading. This ink stays pretty true to the red-brown shade.
On Tomoe River paper, slightly more shading shows up, but I'm not sure if I would call this a shading ink.
I didn't think I would have colors similar to Diamine Rustic Brown, and as it turns out... I do? Bungubox Clown Teardrop is a little more purple. Colorverse Coast Redwood is slightly more gray. Sailor Okuyama is a bit more saturated—but all three are very nice alternatives to Rustic Brown. Colorverse Dark Energy, De Atramentis Pisces, and Colorverse Hubble Zoom are much more gray and purple. 3 Oysters Dancheong and Diamine Oxblood are more red.

I had this ink in my Pilot 78G, a pen that carries the scars of battle (or, to be more exact, an ill-fated encounter with a tipped nail polish remover bottle), and it was a great combo. Very few inks confuse this pen. It works as well as I would need it to.

Diamine Rustic Brown is such an interesting color. I don't think it's one for me specifically since I'm not the biggest fan of the shade, but it was great to use and I enjoyed using something slightly out of my wheelhouse.

Where to buy

No comments:

Post a Comment