review: taccia cha / tea brown - ink between the teeth

Apr 13, 2020

review: taccia cha / tea brown

Let's take a look at a tea-brown ink!

Taccia is a brand that I've heard about a lot, though I've never tried their ink before. I picked up some samples of interesting brown-ish shades a while back, though they've since released a ton of new colors. I'm looking forward to picking them up. I believe Taccia inks are made by Sailor, so you can expect high quality.

Taccia Cha, or Tea Brown, is a reddish-brown color.
For information on how I do my reviews, please visit my policy page.

This ink has very little water resistance. It practically disappeared when exposed to a couple drops of water!

It also takes a bit longer to dry. It was nearly done by the 30 second mark, but I still had a little bit of smudging. Kokuyo MIO paper is more absorbent (inks dry slightly faster on this than on Rhodia, in my experience), so you can expect longer dry times on paper like Tomoe River.

It has almost no shading in both fine and broad nibs.
However, on Tomoe River paper, you can see the hints of silver sheen where the ink pools heavily.
I don't usually try a lot of browns, so I don't have much to compare it to. Noodler's Kiowa Pecan is more orange, while Diamine Cherry Sunburst is more red.

I have this ink in my Kaweco Skyline Sport with a broad nib. I didn't have any issues with flow, and I liked the combination a lot. I wrote the pen dry quite quickly, though it may also have been that Taccia Tea Brown is a little wetter.

I'm really looking forward to trying more Taccia inks!

Where to buy

No comments:

Post a Comment