review: diamine cherry sunburst - ink between the teeth

Aug 10, 2020

review: diamine cherry sunburst



This ink is part of Diamine's guitar-themed (possibly limited edition?) lineup. "Cherry Sunburst" is the name of a Gibson Les Paul guitar. The colors are quite pretty, though I will say that I'm partial to interesting browns and mustardy yellows.

Diamine Cherry Sunburst is a red-brown color.

For information on how I do my reviews, please visit my policy page.

The ink had a surprising amount of water resistance, only fading a little when exposed to water.

It took a little more than 15 seconds to dry. I would say at most it was dry to the touch by the 20 second mark on Kokuyo MIO paper.

There's a bit of shading here in the broader nib, but it doesn't look like there's any in the finer nib. It also looks a shade lighter in a fine nib too.
On Tomoe River paper, there's about the same amount of shading. It looks quite nice on slightly off-white papers. I imagine it would look lovely on cream-colored paper.
I compare it to some browns that I have and nothing is quite close. Noodler's Kiowa Pecan is more orange, while Taccia Cha Brown is quite a bit deeper and more neutral. Cherry Sunburst definitely looks nearly red here.

I had this ink in my TWSBI Diamond 580 with a broad nib. I really enjoyed the pairing! I hadn't been able to ink up a reddish-brown ink like this one in a while, so it was nice to add something different to the color palette. Just a sign that I need to try other things on occasion (don't we all?).

Where to buy

I received a sample of this ink for free as an employee of JetPens.

No comments:

Post a Comment