review: diamine marine - ink between the teeth

Jun 25, 2018

review: diamine marine

More Diamine! We're working through inks that I've had before I started this blog.

I've talked about Diamine inks before, so I'm sure I don't have to go through a whole company history. Diamine releases two sizes for their normal line: a 30ml plastic bottle. and an 80ml glass bottle. I have inks in both of these sizes and I like the difference in materials. A plastic bottle is much easier to carry around if you're the kind of person who likes to do that. 80ml bottles always live on the shelf in my apartment.

Marine is very close to a true turquoise in my eye, but is a bit more green.
For information on how I do my reviews, please visit my policy page.

Marine has a little water resistance, though it doesn't hold onto the page well.

It takes a little longer to dry, though it didn't smudge by the 30 second mark. I would say it takes about 20 seconds to dry on Kokuyo MIO paper.

It shades and sheens a little on this paper as well.
On Tomoe River paper, there is just the slightest amount of sheen and shading.
I compare the ink to a variety of different ones that I own. Boy, do I have a lot of turquoises, huh? It's much more blue than the other blue-greens I have here.

I put this ink in my Pilot Custom Heritage 92 with a broad nib and the flow was great! I really enjoyed using Marine in this pen.

Diamine Marine is one of my favorite inks. I've had it for quite a while, and I love using it. I think it might be a bit light for use in professional settings, but I rarely use my fountain pens for anything other than letter and journal writing, so it's perfect for me.

Where to buy

I purchased this ink with my own funds.

    This post was updated on 4/12/20 to match my current review methodology.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment