review: de atramentis dark reseda - ink between the teeth

Aug 26, 2019

review: de atramentis dark reseda

Let's look at a De Atramentis ink!

De Atramentis is a small German brand. They make some fun colors in a huge range. Their whole lineup isn't easy to find, so you might have to dig around to find the De Atramentis ink you want.

De Atramentis Dark Reseda is a green with a hint of gray.
For information on how I do my reviews, please visit my policy page.

Dark Reseda doesn't have very much water resistance. Most of the dyes will wash off.

The ink was dry to the touch quite quickly! At fifteen seconds it just had a little bit of a smudge, and it was completely dry before the thirty second mark.

It has a little bit of shading in the fine and broad nibs I used here.
On Tomoe River paper, it has about the same amount of shading. It's not much, but it's pleasant.
I compare De Atramentis Dark Reseda to some other murky greens I own. Colorverse Interstellar Space is prtty darn close, though it's slightly more saturated. Nagasawa Kobe Sorakuen Tea Green is more vibrant, while Diamine Salamander leans more gray.

I have this ink in my Lamy Safari, and it has great flow. I really enjoy using this combination!

Dark Reseda is a nice, understated color. I think it would fit in great in business settings if you like an off-black shade. It's easy to read, which I really appreciate.

Where to buy

No comments:

Post a Comment