review: organics studio ernest's vintage writing fluid oscar's copper - ink between the teeth

May 18, 2020

review: organics studio ernest's vintage writing fluid oscar's copper

Let's look at an Organics Studio ink!

This ink is part of Organics Studio's Vintage Ink Series (also known as Ernest's Vintage Writing Fluid), a line of inks that are made to be easy to clean out of the Parker Vacumatic. Red inks tend to have components that "crust" and form particulate, so it's a color with a unique property. I'm curious to know what's behind the name Oscar's Copper.

Organics Studio Oscar's Copper is a red with a slight purpley-brown tint.
For information on how I do my reviews, please visit my policy page.

The ink has a surprising amount of water resistance on the page. A few drops of water were quick to blur the letters, but it's otherwise readable.

The ink took a little longer than average to dry, being still quite wet even after the fifteen second mark. It was dry to the touch before thirty seconds, though.

There's a slight amount of shading in the broader nib, and none in the finer nib. This ink is a bit on the unsaturated side, so there's no sheen on Kokuyo MIO paper.
There's more shading on Tomoe River paper, but still no sheen.
I don't use a lot of reds, so there's not much to compare it to in my collection. Ferris Wheel Press Candy Marsala is a bit more purple and darker. Diamine Rustic Brown is much deeper.

I had this ink in my Fuliwen 16 with a Fountain Pen Revolution 1.0 mm stub nib. I'm realizing I still haven't reviewed this pen and nib, which I definitely need to do, but pen reviews are a little more involved and I am... a lazy person. Anyway, I didn't have any flow problems with this combination and found Oscar's Copper to be a nice match for the red and cream-colored pen.

I haven't tried a lot of Organics Studio, but I've been mostly enjoying what I've gotten my hands on so far. I hope quality and quantity can stay consistent into the future!

Where to buy

I purchased this sample from Pen Chalet.

No comments:

Post a Comment