miscellaneous ii - ink between the teeth

Aug 8, 2022

miscellaneous ii

 August? Already?! That certainly can't be true. I'm unsure if this year is crawling along glacially or whipping past me like a train. Every day feels like it's 50 hours long and then suddenly it's Friday again. Phew.


An Iridescent Pearl Kaweco Collection Sport and Mint Kaweco Skyline Sport held in hand.

I've added an Iridescent Pearl Kaweco Collection Sport to the lineup, despite the fact that I swore I wouldn't get another pen. In my defense, it'll be a replacement for my Mint Skyline Sport, which I do love, but I mean. It's not iridescent.


I'm hoping to post a fountain pen rollout later this month simply because... things haven't changed in my pen case for a bit. Haha! My writing has been down considerably, though I've funneled my writing time into reading three books through July, totaling about 900 pages. I've also been teaching myself 3D meshing with Blender. One of these things is much more enjoyable than the other (not to say that I dislike 3D meshing. It's just one of the more difficult things I've taught myself), but I still feel like I've been using my time in mostly meaningful ways.


I'm basking in the last few weeks of what you could think of as a "summer break" at work (though this year was still quite the hustle). With the back to school season ramping up and 2023 planner arrivals on the horizon, things start getting hectic at work. Although we already know what's coming in this year's  Hobonichi release, everyone's looking forward to gently removing products from their packaging and oohing and ahhhing over everything.


I hope all of you are having a lovely summer out there. It's been a tough couple of months but with any luck we're all holding it together as best as we can. And don't forget: there's nothing wrong with a little treat. You deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment