currently inked iv - ink between the teeth

Nov 28, 2022

currently inked iv

 

Freshly inked pens! I haven't been journaling much, largely because I've been doing other things, but I still managed to work pens out of the rotation this month. How exciting!

My TWSBI ECO's broad nib is always such a joy to use. In my experience, TWSBI's ECO-sized nibs are the ones that actually run true to size for the larger nibs, so if you're a person who prefers broader tip sizes, pens like the ECOClassic, or Diamond Mini would probably be better.

I finally had an opportunity to ink up Dominant Industry Early Spring! I think it's a little heavy-handed on the glitter, but I find it surprisingly usable. It's very pretty on the page. Dominant Industry does recommend using their glitter inks with medium or broad nibs, and I agree with that assessment. I can definitely see this ink clogging up fine nibs. 

The LAMY 2000 returns to the lineup! I'm not sure why I felt it was being neglected, but I did. Every time I see how broad it is I'm just like. Yeah. I'm glad I have this pen.

As a purple hater, De Atramentis Virgo skirts just far enough into brown that I find it very nice to use. Nothing too interesting to say here! I'm continuing to use it, but I'll feel less... stressed when it's finally used up. 
I've been feeling strangely sentimental about my Pilot Custom Heritage 92 lately. There's not a discernible reason for it. And I don't even think "sentimental" is the right term here. But I do appreciate it for what it is: a piston-filling Japanese fountain pen with a gold nib that was, at one point, available in the ballpark of $100.

I hadn't inked up Diamine Oxblood in so long, and I figured I might as well do it. Beautiful ink! It's hard to incorporate reds into everyday writing, but Oxblood is dark enough that it's nicely readable. 


Every time I ink up my Diamond 580 AL's broad nib I frown. This should be broader, I tell myself. Maybe one day.

I don't think I managed to ink up Sailor Manyo Nekoyanagi since I ordered the sample from Yoseka... months and months ago. It's certainly purple, but the dual-shading gives it a nice nuance. I haven't taken a look at the four new Manyo colors yet, but Haha remains the one that speaks to me the most. I'll see if I can get my hands on Ayame, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment