review: colorverse einstein ring - ink between the teeth

May 20, 2019

review: colorverse einstein ring

Let's take a look at another Colorverse ink!

I've talked about Colorverse before on this blog. It's a South Korean company that makes interesting ink sets! You get two bottles—one 65 ml, one 15 ml—and a handful of goodies in each box. They used to make a lot of sets where you would get the same color in each bottle, but as Colorverse has gained popularity they've started putting two different colors in each box.

I think they're neat, but I don't have any plans to purchase the sets.

Colorverse Einstein Ring is a bold magenta color.
For information on how I do my reviews, please visit my policy page.

Einstein Ring has a decent amount of water resistance. It lightens considerably, but the text is still readable.

It takes a little longer to dry, with smudging at the 30 second mark on Kokuyo MIO paper. It was completely dry by 60 seconds.

There is very little shading that I could see here, regardless of the nib size I used. In the broader nib, the ink is a little darker.

There was a touch of feathering on some letters, but there wasn't any bleedthrough.
It's much the same story here on Tomoe River paper. Not much sheen or shading.
I compared it to some other magenta-ish colors I own. Boy, does it looks fluorescent in this picture. Pilot Iroshizuku Tsutsuji is close, but it has more red in it. Pilot Iroshizuku Yama-budo sheens and is more of what I consider a "traditional" purple.

I will note that this ink seems a bit more prone to bleedthrough. I filled my TWSBI Diamond 580 AL with it, and if I left the pen sitting for a couple of days, the first few words would bleed through Tomoe River paper. However, other than that, I didn't have any issues with flow.

I don't love purples in this particular hue. It's just not really my thing! I do enjoy Colorverse inks, so if this color is up your alley I could definitely recommend it.

Where to buy

I purchased this sample from Pen Chalet.

No comments:

Post a Comment