review: 3 oysters delicious mustard - ink between the teeth

Feb 3, 2020

review: 3 oysters delicious mustard

Let's look at a food-inspired ink!

3 Oysters is a Korean brand. It's only appeared on the market recently, and though the color options are currently limited there are a few interesting shades in their lineup.

3 Oysters Mustard is a golden brown color that leans more yellow.
For information on how I do my reviews, please visit my policy page.

This ink has some water resistance. Much of the orange tone lifts off, leaving the golden color behind.

It takes almost 30 seconds for this ink to dry.

Mustard has some nice shading in broader nibs. There isn't any sheen on Kokuyo MIO paper.
On Tomoe River paper, especially in broader nibs, there's a good amount of silvery sheen.
3 Oysters Mustard is not what I would consider a "unique" color (especially since mustard yellows are so very fashionable nowadays!). Colorverse String is quite close, though it's a bit more vibrant and brown. J. Herbin Ambre de Birmanie is more orange. Colorverse Dust Storm is more of a green-yellow.

I've weirdly been drawn to colors like 3 Oysters Mustard. It looks fantastic on cream or off-white paper, like that found in the Nanami Paper Seven Seas Standard (my preferred journaling notebook). In my Lamy 2000 OBB, it was a real joy to use.

I don't think I see a bottle of 3 Oysters Mustard in my collection any time soon, just because this brand is a little pricier than what I would like to pay for ink. However you can bet that I'll be looking for a similar color.

Where to buy

No comments:

Post a Comment