review: robert oster signature purple jazz - ink between the teeth

Feb 10, 2020

review: robert oster signature purple jazz

I've quite enjoyed the Robert Oster inks I've reviews so far, so let's keep going.

Robert Oster Signature Purple Jazz is a cool purple with pink and blue undertones.
For information on how I do my reviews, please visit my policy page.

Purple Jazz has a little water resistance, though certainly not much. It leaves a pink tint behind.

The ink took more than 30 seconds to dry. This is quite a long time on Kokuyo MIO paper.

There's a little bit of shading visible on this paper. Robert Oster's purple inks are very intriguing. I've reviewed Australian Opal Mauve on this blog before and really enjoyed its color-shifting properties. Purple Jazz has less dramatic shading than Opal Mauve, but it is certainly still interesting.
On Tomoe River paper, you can see some shading. I especially like how it shifts from a purple-tinted gray to the actual color of the ink.
I don't have much like Purple Jazz. Robert Oster Signature Australian Opal Mauve is similar, though it's more red. Sailor Shikiori Yozakura is far lighter and more pink.

I filled my Live in You Shiyou with a Nemosine broad nib with this ink and it was a fantastic combo. Purple Jazz has good flow and it looked great in the broad nib. I would definitely recommend this ink to those who prefer using bigger, wetter nibs.

All in all, I really enjoyed Robert Oster Signature Purple Jazz despite purple not being one of my favorite colors. I think I would prefer Australian Opal Mauve though!

Where to buy

No comments:

Post a Comment